Volunteering at MTR might be the best thing you have ever done for yourself— and for the special riders at MTR. Volunteers help run a high quality and safe program for our riders and horses. We hope that your experience as a volunteer at MTR will bring satisfaction, personal growth and fulfillment to you, as well as our clients.
Our programs operate year round, 7 days per week from 7am–7pm. Volunteers work with staff to build a team that helps care for our horses, manage the facility, and assist with lessons and a variety of additional supportive tasks. Volunteers help our riders experience success! Whether you are an enthusiast with many years of horse experience or come with no experience and would like to learn more, join us and share in our riders’ triumphs.
Requirements to Volunteer at MTR:
- Due to insurance regulations and our PATH center accreditation standards, all volunteers must be at least 14 years old. No exceptions to this policy are possible.
- Volunteer Application and Release forms must be complete. Please return prior to attending an orientation.
- Volunteer must attend the overall trainings provided by MTR for the role they select.
- Volunteering may involve moderate physical activity and working outside in varying weather conditions. Please be sure you are comfortable with the conditions of the role you select.
- Volunteers must be able to work independently with minimal staff supervision.
- Volunteers must possess the ability to follow directions and take instruction.
- Due to insurance requirements, the nature of the services by MTR and the population served, it is MTR’s policy that potential volunteers will not be accepted into the program that have been charged with a crime within the last 5 years.
Steps to Volunteer at MTR
- Complete and submit our online application here.
- The Volunteer Manager will call to discuss your interest and our volunteer opportunities once we receive your volunteer application.
- Print out the MTR Volunteer Manual and bring with you to orientation.
- Register for a Volunteer Orientation and Training with the Volunteer Manager. See the calendar for sessions. Dates and times are subject to change. Registration is a requirement.
- Attend your scheduled Volunteer Orientation and Training. Moreover, sessions are active rain or shine. Please wear close-toe shoes and barn appropriate attire.